I guess I’ve been lazy lately. I created a logo to replace the HTML-based logo I’d been using. I added text to the Benedict sod house picture. It didn’t turn out too bad for my first attempt. After getting frustrated trying to accomplish such a seemingly simple task in PhotoShop, I downloaded the latest version of The GIMP and found it much friendlier. One of these days I’ll figure out how to change the color of the text.
I’ve found an interesting product that I’m seriously considering for additional content. It’s The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding. It uses MySQL and PHP to create dynamic HTML pages based on what the site visitor is looking for. It’ll create pedigree and descendancy charts, family group sheets, timelines, and a virtual cornucopia of information. It’s only $29, which is a very good price considering its capabilities. As I said, I’m giving it very serious consideration.